Tuesday, February 26, 2013

AHS conference in New York!

I had a great time going to the American Harp Society conference in New York this summer.  I didn't get a lot of pictures but I really enjoyed connecting with old friends, making new friends, and of course hearing many wonderful performances. I won a raffle to get a backstage tour of Wicked with the harpist for the show, Laura Shermann.  She is such a nice person and it was so fun to see where she works.  She is not even in the pit because there isn't enough room.  She is in a dressing room and the percussionist is in the dressing room next to her.  She watches the conductor on a video and listens ona mike and she is well miked so her sound gets out there.  I think it would be a very tricky set up! 

 All of the costumes were so cool!



 I didn't actually get to see Wicked but I saw Newsies which was awesome!
Some favorite paintings in the Met







I loved their historical instrument display of course.













No comments: